UAE: DIFC Foundations – Tested Waters
Watch a short video by Izabella Szadkowska, Partner, highlighting some key benefits of the new DIFC Foundations Law.
Since March 2018, when the Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”) Foundations Law (DIFC Law No. 3 of 2018) came into effect, there have been a number of foundations registered in the DIFC.
What Have We Learnt?
Since the introduction of the Foundations Law we have learnt details of the incorporation process, explored various ways of addressing client needs under the charter and the by-laws of the foundation and brainstormed the use of a DIFC foundation for various types/classes of assets.
How Can We Help?
Our team will be delighted to assist you in registering and securing ongoing compliance of a Foundation by:
- Assisting you with the incorporation process;
- Advising on matters such as Foundation objectives and assets;
- Advising on the composition and powers of the Foundations bodies;
- Drafting the tailor-made charter and the by-laws of the Foundation; and
- Providing registered address for the Foundation.