WORLD LAW GROUP
www.theworldlawgroup.com (the “Web Site”) is owned and operated by World Law Group, Ltd. (“WLG”).
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA MANUALLY OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO USAND/OR BY USING OUR WEB SITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW.
Notification Of Changes To This Policy
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this Web Site and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you of the changes via this Web Site. We encourage you to check this Web Site frequently.
Collection Of Personal Data Including Email Addresses
You may choose to register to receive additional information or services from us. When you register, we request personal information about you such as your name, job title, postal address, email address, telephone and fax numbers and we may ask for demographic information. This information enables us to provide a personalized service to you. The information you give us is either manually or electronically stored in our databases.
We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we will use third party software to fix them.
We sometimes collect email addresses from prospect lists of other businesses or via our marketing events, such as conferences and seminars. In such cases, we assume that individuals providing their email addresses have opted in to receive email messages from us.
Use Of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data only for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by email or post. Some of these purposes may include the following:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new services we will be providing, or seminars or articles we think will be of interest to you. We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you.
- We may send you requested information on our services or membership criteria.
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research.
- We may use your Personal Data internally to administer this Web Site and help us improve our services.
Anonymous Data Collected Through This Website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of the Web Site. For example, we use technology to track which pages of the Web Site our visitors view. We also use technology to determine which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of the Web Site.
The Web Site contains hyperlinks to other pages on the Web Site. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on the Web Site our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Web Site. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many of our visitors are from outside of the UK.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e.: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics.
We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of the Web Site and our email updates, to better understand our customers and visitors, and to improve the services we offer. We do not link this anonymous data to your Personal Data in any way.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that collect the first level domain name of the user (for example, if your email address is “,” the cookie collects the “bigmail.com” portion of your email address) and the date and time you accessed the Web Site.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. Modifying the settings on your browser will enable you to accept or decline cookies. Please note that deleting or rejecting cookies may affect your usage or the Web Site.
For more information on deleting or rejecting cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Two types of cookies that may be used on the Web Site:
Session cookies - which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed.
Persistent cookies – which remain in the cookie file of your browser for a longer period of time.
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to check the open rate of email newsletters. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
For further information about web beacons, please visit “Web beacons” at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data with unrelated third parties, except under these limited circumstances:
- In order to provide you with the information or services which you have requested, we may share or transfer your Personal Data with other member firms within WLG.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, email you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you and of developments in sectors we believe may be of interest. If you do not wish to receive emails from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out below.
- Where you have consented by submitting you contact information at the Web Site we may also share your Personal Data with other member firms within WLG group or disclose your Personal Data to other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We may, in our sole discretion, share or transfer the information in our databases where permitted or required by law, to comply with legal process, to interact with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Web Site, to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use or protect WLG’s business or reputation, to take precautions against legal liability, in the event of our sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, to protect and defend the rights or property of WLG, for required institutional risk control or resolving disputes, inquiries or complaints with respect to your use of the Web Site.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Data Integrity And Security
We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of Personal Data in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. The security measures in place on the Web Site and computer systems aim to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide to us. We keep your Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Data Access And Corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by sending an email to
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Links To Other Websites
Transfer Of Data Abroad
We may, from time to time, share your Personal Data with our member firms based within the European Economic Area and elsewhere. We will endeavor to ensure that any such data transferred is appropriately protected and made pursuant to a contract or other measure providing adequate protection.
If you are visiting the Web Site from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the United States ), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
By visiting this Web Site and communicating electronically with us, you consent to the processing and transfer of your data as set out in this section.
We hope you will be delighted with our services. However, if you do not wish to receive emails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please email us at .
If you also wish to be removed from our telephone and post marketing databases, please let us know by emailing us at or write to us at One Metro Center, 700 12th Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, D.C. 20005.