Cuatrecasas (Spain) has launched several initiatives in the last year to align its services with its clients' challenges and the objectives of the Paris Agreement. Among others, the firm has
- (i) registered its overall carbon footprint with the Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge (“MITECO”) and assumed the commitment to reduce it by 15% and be carbon neutral no later than 2030;
- (ii) designed a sustainable mobility plan that will be gradually implemented in 2023;
- (iii) designed a circular economy plan that will include purchases, consumption and waste management; and
- (iv) committed to helping its clients with their ESG strategies and with complying with the new regulations and standards applicable to their business activity by contributing innovative solutions.
Specifically, these are some of the steps Cuatrecasas has completed recently to foster sustainable use of resources in its daily activities:
- Distributing corporate glass bottles to the entire firm to reduce the use of plastic and encourage drinking water throughout the work day as a healthy habit.
- Sending employees sustainable Christmas cards made of seeded paper that can be planted.
- Collecting coffee capsules, plastic tops and old cell phones to contribute to solidarity projects.
- Paperless plan of measures to reduce paper use.
- Installing EV charging stations in the parking lots at the Barcelona and Madrid offices and offering free parking for bicycles and e-scooters.
- Providing environmental impact training and awareness to all firm employees.